ROMA Construction & Design uses sustainable materials and post tension concrete reinforcing technology to create safe, environmentally friendly and energy efficient buildings.
All ROMA structures utilize insulated concrete technology for their vertical concrete walls and the patented ROMA horizontal insulated concrete technology for floors and roofs. This combination of construction technology enables us at ROMA Construction to create, without limitation, a home or a building with maximum energy efficiency.
What is ICF (Insulated Concrete Forming)?
- Proven European alternative to conventional wood-frame or masonry/traditional construction
- 100% GREEN made from recycled expanded polystyrene foam (EPS)
- Once filled with concrete, the forms remain, creating a:
- Continuous thermal insulation
- A sound barrier
- Provides a solid, strong surface for any desired finish for interior or exterior walls
What is Post Tensioning?
“Post-tensioning is a method of reinforcing (strengthening) concrete or other materials with high-strength steel strands or bars, typically referred to as tendons. Post-tensioning applications include office and apartment buildings, parking structures, slabs-on-ground, bridges, sports stadiums, rock and soil anchors, and water-tanks. In many cases, posttensioning allows construction that would otherwise be impossible due to either site constraints or architectural requirements.” (from the Post Tensioning Institute)
Benefits of the ROMA System
- Energy Efficiency
- High performance R-Values
- No air infiltration
- Permanent (non-biodegradable)
- Shifts thermal loading from peak periods
- Lower costs to heat and cool
- Meets all LEEDS Platinum Standards.
- Produces its own power needs (Net-Zero)
- Health Related
- No dust or allergens
- No air gaps for mold, mildew, bugs or rodents
- Non-toxic materials
- No off-gassing of materials
- Total air quality control
- Structural Related
- High wind and weather resistant
- Fire rated assembly (fireproof)
- Permanent strength (seismic resistant)
- Will not rot or decay over time
- Termite and insect resistant
- Impact Resistant
- Comfort Related
- High sound attenuating (best available)
- Enhances steady temperatures
- Peace of mind during inclement weather events
- 100% management control compatible
- Smart-building technology compatible
- Constructability Related
- Cost competitive
- Design versatility
- Best fire rating
- Sound deadening
- Shorter construction duration
- Versatile exterior finish options
- Durability Fully code accepted
- Time tested and proven
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.